- Send them something unique and specialized – even with their name on it.
- Send them tickets to a special holiday event with your personal note attached.
- Host a holiday happy hour, open house or dinner where they can bring their significant other.
- Buy them a book related to their business or hobby.
- For B2B customers consider providing them with a testimonial video or framed letter.
- For those that have everything, make a donation to a client’s favorite charity
Last week, millions of families celebrated Thanksgiving. We spent time with our family and friends to celebrate a holiday focused on Giving Thanks for the blessings we have been given. As we near the end of this year and head into the holiday season, it is fitting that we begin with gratitude. As business owners it is appropriate to take time to recognize those who have helped you achieve your success. Your customers are without a doubt the most important people in your business success. Give some thought to how you will recognize their value to you and your business? How will they, beyond a shadow of a doubt, know that you value them, respect them, admire them and appreciate them? Let’s start with this thought. Anything you do is worth doing with a personal touch! If you are going to send a note, make it a personal note. If you are going to send a card, make it a personal card. If you are sending a gift, make it something that relates to that particular client. Think about how many fruit baskets you have received over the years. More than just a handful I would bet. So why not be different? Why not stand out from the crowd? Do something that really matters – something that gets the kind of response you hope for. Need ideas? Seek out someone who specializes in gift giving, talk with other business owners, take note of what others are doing. But, just so you don’t go empty handed into this important time of year, here are a few ideas to consider: