- Ask your team members what their immediate goals are. Find out their project interests as well as their career objectives.
- Communicate “in person” not through email or text messages. People respond well to the real thing.
- Give their work a sense of purpose. Show your appreciation by complimenting your team members. Or simply say “thank you” for a job completed.
- Don’t always stick to protocol. Listen to what your team members have to say. Take their ideas seriously, as they may view a more productively way to carry out a project.
- When delegating, trust your team members. Let go and let them own the task you give them. Letting them make decisions also communicates trust.
- Allow time for fun. Have some laughs over topics that have nothing to do with work.
- A well-connected team often results in respect and acceptance. Collaboration helps everyone work toward the same goals.
If you would like further information or you have any questions about this blog, you can email me at email@example.com or call 847-739-3079.