What is Strategic Alliance?
An agreement between two or more parties to pursue a set of agreed upon objectives needed while remaining independent organizations.
This strategy provides more flexibility than a joint ventures because the involved parties do not need to merge any assets or funds in order to proceed.
– Your strategic alliance gives you instant endorsement and credibility
– You gain access to the networks of your partners through their database of customers, members, or employees
– You develop a referral partnership
– You associate your business with another established brand
– You decrease your overall marketing costs, while expanding your reach
– You position yourself as the specialist (expert) in your niche through the endorsement of your strategic partner to their network
– You learn from other businesses regarding what has been successful for them in the past
Here is some great advice when it comes to alliances:
– Create a solid business plan backed up by a detailed contract
– Define metrics for assessing the value your alliance delivers
– Seek common ground with your partners
– Establish formal systems and structures
Here are some principles that complement the conventional advice above:
– Focus less on defining the business plan and more on how you’ll work together
– Develop metrics pegged not only to alliance goals, but also to alliance progress
– Instead of trying to eliminate differences, leverage them to create value
– Go beyond formal governance structures to encourage collaborative behavior
– Spend as much time on managing internal stakeholders as on managing the relationship with your partners
If you would like further information or you have any questions about this blog, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-739-3079.
For your complimentary business coaching session visit, www.actioncoach.com/pjweiland.
To register for our complimentary workshop, How to Build a Business you can Sell, visit www.actioncoach.com/pjweiland. Let’s work together to help your business grow.