It’s important to make sure your entire team feels encouraged, accepted, and happy. When they experience a positive work environment, they become more motivated and perform better. Take time to create a workplace that results in dedicated performances by your employees.
Nurture your team using these tips:
- Ask your team members what their immediate goals are. Find out their project interests as well as their career objectives.
- Communicate “in person” not through email or text messages. People respond well to the real thing.
- Give their work a sense of purpose. Show your appreciation by complimenting your team members. Or simply say “thank you” for a job completed.
- Don’t always stick to protocol. Listen to what your team members have to say. Take their ideas seriously, as they may view a more productively way to carry out a project.
- When delegating, trust your team members. Let go and let them own the task you give them. Letting them make decisions also communicates trust.
- Allow time for fun. Have some laughs over topics that have nothing to do with work.
- A well-connected team often results in respect and acceptance. Collaboration helps everyone work toward the same goals.
Remember, everyone plays an important role in making sure the workplace environment is positive.