HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
In this era of increasing digitalization, it’s easy to lose that human touch in daily interactions. From chatbots to standardized email responses to self-order kiosks, businesses are automating all kinds of customer experiences.
But is that what customers really want?
Not really, according to a recent study that showed 73% of consumers claim customer experience is the biggest deciding factor in their purchase decisions and brand loyalties — ahead of product quality and price” (Gabriel Swain, Insightly blog 2020).
Giving customers a sense of personalized service is a sure way to build positive experiences, retain customers and prompt word-of-mouth referrals. There are opportunities to engage in conversation, demonstrate attentiveness, and show gratitude in all areas of your business. Here are some ideas to get you started.
12 Ways to Add a Personal Touch to Your Business
- Add photos of real people to your marketing.
- Empower your employees to act as advocates for your business.
- Show your playful side as well as your business side in online communications.
- Promote user content.
- Send handwritten correspondence whenever possible and appropriate.
- Create a home for online communities to discuss issues and share ideas about your business or service.
- Send welcome or thank-you gifts to loyal or new customers.
- Consider hiring a professional social media team.
- Don’t be afraid to talk about setbacks or failures.
- Rewrite emails to be more conversational and less sanitized.
- Insert names and customer-specific information in your marketing outreach.
- Stay relevant and authentic.
Drop me an email to set up a complimentary coaching session.