With our lives becoming more busy these days, we need to find a way to help prioritize our time. Here are some simple ideas to help make your time in the office less stressful.
- Plan your day the night before. Try to figure out how long each task with take, so you can map out your day. Make sure to include your morning routine and your lunch break. Making a list of these timed tasks will help you stay on a routine throughout the day.
- Be flexible. You may need to adjust your schedule for new projects or other unplanned things that come up during your day. To do this, add a couple 15-minute slots into your schedule with no tasks. You can use these to catch-up on unplanned tasks, to read or go for a walk, or to just get ahead on your to-do list.
- Do the most important tasks first. Plan to take on the tougher, more important projects first, when you’re the most alert and ready to work. Plus, you won’t have to worry about them for the rest of the day.
- Eliminate distractions. Don’t check your phone and email all day long. Give yourself 5 or 10 minutes at the top of every hour, or every 2 hours, to check your messages or respond to emails. This will help keep you focused and on track.
- Stay mindful. Keep your calendar close and your desk clear of clutter. Remain mindful of where you are, giving yourself ample space to work, and checking tasks off your list as you go.
- Delegate some projects. Put some trust in others and give some of your not-so-fun work to someone who doesn’t mind doing it. When we work on tasks we don’t like, if often pushes us off course because we find ways to avoid them. Try to only work on tasks you enjoy. It really does make a difference.
To register for our complimentary workshop, How to Build a Business you can Sell, visit www.actioncoach.com/pjweiland. Let’s work together to help your business grow.
About the author, PJ Weiland
As an ActionCOACH Business Coach from Chicago North Shore, I understand that time is your most valuable asset. Now, I can help you recreate your dreams and vision…and accomplish the goals you first set out to achieve with your business. Ultimately, you will experience a better quality of life because of your commitment to invest in yourself with the help of an ActionCOACH Business Coach and personal mentor.