“Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can’t miss.”
— Lee Iacocca
Your people are your greatest asset, or your biggest pain in the neck. It can be either way, but the good news it’s up to you. Provide good leadership and you’ll grow a strong, high-performing team.
Six Keys to a Winning Team
- Strong Leadership – Be decisive; passionate about what your doing; focused
- Common Goals – Everyone knows what the goals are; everyone can contribute; everyone knows their role and is supported
- Rules of the Game – Clearly identify shared values and culture, acceptable behavior
- Action Plan – Define how team will achieve common goals — daily and weekly plans
- Support Risk Taking – encourage team to try new things as you pivot your business in response to new conditions; support the learning that goes with change
- 100% Involvement/Inclusion – No one opts out; make sure everyone shows up and has a voice in the conversation.
If you would like a complimentary coaching session during this pandemic or you have any questions about this blog, please send me an email.