Regardless of where you work, there is always the stress of the holiday season. That’s why it’s important for both employers and employees to make it a priority to relieve stress, in order to create a comfortable, successful environment.
Here are a few ways to relieve stress during the holidays:
- Make time for exercise. Exercise is a natural treatment for stress. Try to walk during lunchtime or hit the gym on your way to or home from work. All you need is 30 minutes a day. Just taking a short time to exercise can help you remain (and even be more) productive throughout the day. So, there really isn’t any excuse.
- Drink a lot of water. Coffee and Soda dehydrates you and makes your tired (and unfocused). To stay alert, you want to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Stay organized with a to-do list. Even before the holidays we make lists of what needs to get done. Stay organized and cross more off your list be getting some holiday shopping done before the crazy holiday season. Consider doing some shopping in the summer during your lunch hour. It will not only cross off some to-do’s but you’ll get your daily exercise in at the same time.
- Don’t take things too personal. The holiday season can make people very edgy. If someone snaps at you, try to remember they are probably under the same holiday stress you are. Don’t take everything personal. It will only make you more stressed during this already stressful time of year.
- Help out more around the office. Give compliments to others and try to notice when others are helping the company. This can lift spirits and help lesson the stress of the holiday season.