Many of us make personal New Year’s resolutions, but have you thought about making New Year’s resolutions for your business? The end of the year is a perfect time for reflecting on your company’s accomplishments and identifying areas for improvement.
New Year’s resolutions tend to focus on the big picture: we want to adopt new behavior habits for positive long-term results. After all, if it takes concentrated effort to make a change, we want the outcome to pay off in a big way.
Here are some ideas for resolutions to accelerate your company’s growth and improve customer and employee relationships.
Keep your website up to date
- Check that all links are active
- Remove outdated information
- Add new products or services as they become available
Communicate regularly with employees
- Regularly schedule one-on-one touch bases
- Conduct all-hands meetings in person or by phone
Strengthen customer relationships
- Stay top-of-mind via social media posts and e-newsletters
- Demonstrate customer appreciation with frequent user rewards
- Reward referrals
- Distribute a fun or functional customized promotional giveaway
Ask for online reviews
- Inform customers where they can post online reviews of your business
- Consider an incentive for feedback
- Acknowledge all reviews — good or bad — with professionalism
Drive awareness of your brand
- Be sure your logo appears on all communications and company documents
- If appropriate, put your logo on shopping bags
- Consider branded caps, workers’ uniforms, company vehicles, and packaging
Join your local chamber of commerce
- Network with other small business owners in your community to grow your business and learn from their experience
Our sincere wishes to you and your family for a healthy, joyful, and prosperous 2020.
YOUR CHALLENGE: Set aside the time to reflect, identify your goals, write them down and communicate them.
If you would like a complimentary coaching session or you have any questions about this blog, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-739-3079. Let’s work together to help your business grow.